The 3 themes of Saudi Arabia’s Vision for 2030
To build the best future for Saudi Arabia Vision 2030 is built around three themes: a vibrant society, a thriving economy, and an ambitious nation.
The first theme, a vibrant society, is vital for achieving the Vision and a strong foundation for economic prosperity. We believe in the importance of a vibrant society. Members of this society live in accordance with the local tradition of moderation, are proud of their national identity and cultural heritage, enjoy a good life in a beautiful environment, are protected by caring families, and are supported by an empowering social and healthcare system.
For the second theme, a thriving economy, a thriving economy provides opportunities for all, by building an education system aligned with market needs and creating economic opportunities for the entrepreneur, the small enterprise, as well as the large corporation. The Kingdom will develop investment tools to unlock promising economic sectors, diversify the economy, and create job opportunities. It will also grow the economy and improve the quality of services by privatizing some government services, improving the business environment, attracting the finest talent and the best investments globally, and leveraging a unique strategic location that connects three continents.
The third theme, an ambitious nation, is built on an effective, transparent, accountable, enabling, and high-performing government. Saudi Arabia will also prepare the right environment for citizens, the private sector, and non-profit sector to fulfill their responsibilities in facing challenges and seizing opportunities.
In each of these themes, we highlighted a selection of commitments and goals, as a reflection of the Kingdom’s ambition and a representation of what we at Aramco aim to achieve. This Vision will be the point of reference for our future decisions, so that all future projects are aligned to its content.
Some of the goals for 2030
A vibrant society
- • To more than double the number of Saudi heritage sites registered with UNESCO.
- • To increase household spending on cultural and entertainment activities inside the Kingdom from 2.9% to 6%.
- • To have three Saudi cities recognized in the top-ranked 100 cities in the world.
- • To raise Saudi Arabia’s position from 26 to 10 in the Social Capital Index.
A thriving economy
- • To increase SME contribution to GDP from 20% to 35%.
- • To rise from our current position of 25 to the top 10 countries on the Global Competitiveness Index.
- • To increase the Public Investment Fund’s assets, from SAR 600 billion to over 7 trillion.
- • To raise the share of non-oil exports in non-oil GDP from 16% to 50%.
An ambitious nation
- • To increase non-oil government revenue from SAR 163 billion to SAR 1 trillion.
- • To raise the non-profit sector’s contribution to GDP from less than 1% to 5%.